Saturday 25 April 2009

Bittersweet

This coming week is going to be extremely bittersweet for me.

The Elgin CCAC team will be moving back to brand new digs in St. Thomas while I will be remaining in London. I love finally being part of a team. It is wonderful to have other people to bounce things off of and to pick their brains and I dearly love all of the London placement team. I am, however, going to miss the daily face-to-face contact with the people with whom I have worked for the past 20 years.

Somehow the telephone just doesn't have the same intimacy. It certainly takes away from the comraderie that working together face-to-face has.

I am also going to really, really miss my boss. Barb has been one of the most incredible bosses that I have ever had. She is friendly, empathetic and most importantly, she follows up. I have always known that when I needed something, I could depend on her to get it. Unfortunately, my new boss just doesn't provide the same feeling of trust.

On the up side, I DO NOT have to pack up all my belongings again and then unpack them at the other end. I will not be trying to pack and do my job. Most importantly, over the next 2 or 3 months, some of the work that I am expected to do and just simply am unable to do because there are just so many hours in a day will be gradually transferred to the Community Case Managers and my job will become more and more like the London Placement Case Manager jobs - frantically busy still, but I won't feel guilty knowing that there is a stack of things that I an simply unable to get to.

I guess things balance themselves out over time. I will just have to develop new ways of maintaining contact with my Elgin co-workers and create new relationships with the London groups. As for my new boss............ oh well!!

No comments: