Tuesday 7 December 2010

My First Craft Show

This past Sunday (December 5) was my first foray into the world of craft shows. This was a small, intimate, by invitation only show at a very exclusive restaurant here in town. My table was in one of the small dining rooms with 2 other wonderful ladies. We all had a marvelous opportunity to get to know each other and to pick each other's brains. Actually, since I was the newbie on the block, I did most of the "picking".

The first 2 hours were slow, but pretty steady - some of my work mates and friends were able to make it in. Starting at about 12:00, it started to snow - not just pretty white, drifting snowflakes .... no.... driving, you could barely see the buildings on the other side of the street snow. The customers dried up and most of us were out of there by 2:30. In the space of 2 1/2 hours, about 6 - 8 inches of snow had fallen and getting back home on the icy, snow-covered streets was a nightmare. This, however, was only the beginning of the nightmare. It is now Tuesday morning and the City of London has received approximately 80 cm (that is almost 3 feet) of snow and it is still coming down - up to 20 - 30 more cm of snow by Wednesday evening. The city is pretty much closed!!!

As for the craft show - I recouped the cost of my table and made a modest profit.

No comments: