Monday 3 January 2011

My Eyes

I hadn't planned on doing more than one post today, however, I took advantage of my New Year stat day today to make a long overdue visit to Dr. White, my optometrist. I knew that I was having difficulty reading the computer these days - what I didn't know was how much trouble.

He decided to test my left eye first and as soon as my right eye was covered, I realized that I was in deep, deep trouble - I was totally unable to read anything and I truly mean anything on the eye chart with my left eye. I have cataracts and very aggressive cataracts at that. Obviously, the one on my left eye is the worst. I go back to see him in six months and he is anticipating that he will be making a referral to a surgeon at that time.

I hate getting old almost as much as I hate trucking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how old are you now? in my case i have my first check up when i was 13years old. way back then i was so irritated by my eyes that i always blink and i decided to go to the doctor and get my eyes check. i know there is a problem with my eyes because i have a birthmark around the white eye ball. after reading the eye chart and discussing with my doc he said that i would be blinded as the adulthood comes. so what i said, never regret that things that i do.