Saturday 24 December 2011

To My Son

My ex-husband and I were lucky enough to raise 3 amazing children. My children are all grown and have left the nest and started lives of their own. My son, Ryan has started his own family - I am a Nana to 2 wonderful grandchildren.

Today I want to talk about my amazing son. As I said yesterday, last Monday, I had to go to Florida, fast. Ryan (who lives and works in the east end of Toronto) dropped everything at work, raced home, packed a bag and headed for London, leaving his family behind and not sure whether or not he'd be home for Christmas with his family. This wonderful man has supported me, run errands for me, let me cry on his shoulder and just generally been the rock that I needed to get me through this past week. Ryan, Krista and Jamie - I love you all more than words can ever say. Ryan, you are a rock, you are one of my rocks and I don't know what I would have done without you this week. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

No comments: