Wednesday 8 February 2012

I Survived

A week and a half ago I had my second back surgery and what a difference from the first. This time I actually remember my time in the PACU (Recovery Unit), although that may have something to do with the fact that I was there for almost 7 hours! Unfortunately, my BP was a constant issue throughout my admission. I routinely have low blood pressure - my normal BP is around 90/60. When you would think that someone's BP should be going through the roof - serious pain for instance, my goes lower - as low as 60/40. No wonder they worry. Despite my BP, I survived. Hated my entire hospitalization though - my roommates were quite inconsiderate (they included a screamer and a lady who liked her visitors 20 at a time).

I had my surgery Friday afternoon and I was home by noon on Monday. Quick you might say, however, you truly do heal faster at home. Now I am able to wander the main floor at will. I am able to make my self simple meals. I am able to stand for longer and longer. Sitting - not so much!. Graham will be heading back to work this Sunday and I think that I will be okay - I have a couple of friends who are retired and have offered to help me out any time. I have other friends, who still work, but have offered to help out inany way they can - I'll be fine.

The best part of all of this - I'll be back at work by the time I originally expected to have my surgery

No comments: