Monday 4 June 2012

The Christmas Quilt

I am a terrible Nana. Last October I decided to make a Disney Princess quilt for Alexandra for Christmas. The cross-stitch part was quickly finished, but as I was starting to put the quilt together, mom asked that I come to Florida to see her. She was in the hospital and was feeling very poorly.

Anyway, we did come home from Florida and celebrated a belated Christmas with the family. Feeling terribly guilty, I gave Alex the picture of the finished quilt as her gift. Surprisingly, for a 3 year old she did not appear to be upset. She took the picture home and hung it over her bed.

By the time we were sorted out from Christmas, I received a very long awaited phone call and went in for my back surgery. To make a long story short, Alex finally received her finished quilt on May 27!! She loves it, but, I truly regret making her wait so long.

Check out the slide show.  (photos courtesy of Deb).




4 comments:

ME said...

Awesome job Nana (not sure what they call you)...it was absolutely beautiful.

ME said...

And you are not a terrible Nana...sometimes life gets in the way. You are an awesome person and I love you.

Ryan said...

Hardly a terrible Nana, and as their father, and your son, I am an authority on the matter!

Life gets in the way sometimes and there is nothing we can do about that. She loves her quilt and will not remember that it came late, only that her Nana made it special for her. Besides, this way she got to have Christmas in May.

Deb said...

You are not a terrible Nana! She loves her quilt and is not the least bit concerned that she got it late. She loves it so much that when she comes out of her room most mornings, she's carrying it.