Saturday 17 January 2009

Camera Club

So........................... this morning, in the frigid, arctic-like temperature, I ventured forth on my first "photo shoot" with the Camera Club.

I spent 1/2 hour getting ready to brave the cold - 3 layers everywhere, 3 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of pants, 3 tops (plus my coat) - I felt like the Michelen Man. I was NOT going to be bending any time soon.

Two of us went out together from the camera club. Diane and I work together at the CCAC and she is the one who introduced me to the Camera Club. We went to a wonderful park within the city- a friend of Diane's lives near the park and was our tour guide for the day. Our mission was to get five specific pictures - an evergreen, a fence, parallel lines, moving water and a favourite photo.

It was actually a lot of fun. Despite the -14 degree temperature, we all managed to stay relatively warm for the 2 1/2 hours that we were out for. The best part - Tim Horton's afterwards.

Instead of adding the pictures to this post, I've added a slide show of some of my better shots. They are unedited and I haven't converted them to black and white yet.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hey there..just checked out your photos and they are amazing....great work. And to take them in the freezing weather that has been gripping our fair province..you are brave.
Keep up the good work....
Love - Linda