Tuesday 24 August 2010

Crime Stoppers International Training Conference

I am in Halifax this week at the annual Crime Stoppers International Training Conference. 


I left London on Sunday morning at 11:30 and took the train to Toronto. Even though the train was only about 10 minutes late leaving London, somehow it managed to be 40 minutes late arriving in Toronto, leaving me little time to get to Billy Bishop Airport and catch my flight. I arrived at the airport with only 5 minutes until the scheduled departure time for my flight. Somehow I got lucky. The luggage had all been loaded and a special trip was required to get my suitcase on the plane, however, the plane had not started boarding. 

I flew Porter Airlines. They allow you 2 pieces of checked luggage (no charge), they feed you!!!!, they use real glass for the drinks (I understand that if they are serving a full meal, it is served on china), the seats are leather and there is actually some legroom!!


The Halifax airport is almost an hour outside of the city. Volunteers from the local Crime Stoppers program drove us into town - as a car was filled, off we would go.

Downtown Halifax is very interesting - you can get almost anywhere downtown by means of indoor "pedways". The four of us from London are staying at the Halifax Delta which is connected by pedway to the World trade and Conference centre where the programs are being held.


So far, the conference has been quite interesting and informative. It has also been exhausting!! One more day and then it's time to try the trip back home.

No comments: