Thursday 17 February 2011

My iPad

I received the absolute BEST gift for Christmas this year. Exactly what I asked for - an iPad. I have been having a blast with this amazing tablet with 1 notable exception - syncing it. For those of you who do not have iPods, iPhones or iPads, syncing is the process where all of the new information - songs, photos, books, apps, calendars....... get transferred from your computer to your electronic device. At. 16 GB my device holds a lot of information!!

My issue is that more times than not, my iPad will not sync and forces me to either "restore" to a previous point or to treat it like a new iPad and start all over.

Last night I had finally had enough!!! and I called Apple support. (A great experience by the way - very friendly and very helpful). Unfortunately, it didn't take long for them to determine what the problem is - I have a lemon!!!!!!!!!!! And the "lemon" has to go back to Apple. Thankfully, I did this now and should have my new iPad before we head south (5 weeks, but who's counting). Apple makes it very easy to return the iPad - they send you the box and packing materials. Once they have the old iPad, the new one is on it's way. My issue is this - this thing is addictive!! What am I going to do without it for a week to 10 days?????????

No comments: